Thursday, June 19, 2008

These songs, they get so scratched into our souls

Another music ramble. Bear with me for some true content coming soon...

Summer memories always seem to be the most saturated with music. I can remember the exact order of tracks on a mix CD I used to listen going back and forth to summer camp; bands who played shows in our small venues; and songs I listened to in the solitude of my air conditioned bedroom. For some reason my brain is like a sponge during the summer, and each song takes on twice as much meaning. When I was going into 11th grade, an English teacher who I was close with loaned me a cassette of The Smiths' Greatest Hits, and I can't listen to that band without thinking of that summer. I hope that this summer can be equally steeped in musical memories..

No comments: